Thursday 7 February 2013

The Story of Findus, the Horse, that's Running and Running

Photonics Health Update

I make no apologies for repeating my earlier blog with the update that the story in the UK is a horse that is running and running. It is no longer a trace of horse 'DNA' that may 'accidentally; have found its way into burgers but in some cases 100% horse meat. The headlines in the BBC site seems typical of the headlines tonight: 


Findus beef lasagne contained up to 100% horsemeat, FSA says

What ready meals can we now trust? I made my own, broccoli and stilton soup! Yes it was good!

Here is my earlier blog. My thoughts are unchanged.




SATURDAY, 19 JANUARY 2013


Health: Horse Visits Tesco to Protest

Photonic Positive: Horse Protests over Burgers

As a perfectly well fed vegetarian for most of my life, I view the current fuss in the UK about horse meet found in Tesco burgers (if you haven't heard) solely with the hope something positive will come out of it. In a hundred years the meat industry may just be viewed as bear-bating, cock-fighting (and dare I say fox-hunting) are in the present generation. 

Surely the issue isn't whether horse meat is as good as cow meat, but whether a  food processing industry based on profit can ever be trusted.  It is rather like a new car, if I buy it and it keeps breaking down I take it back, get something else and never by a T......  again! 

Be that as it may, here is a horse visiting Tesco to protest. 





No comments:

Post a Comment